healthy Aging for women baby boomers
Healthy aging is an attitude
Healthy aging is a decision to treat yourself well
both physically and mentally. In a society where youth is idealized,
getting old can sometimes be frustrating. But, aging is not a disease.
Human aging is a natural part of living and happens to anyone who is
lucky enough to get there. We should embrace every moment.
Although we are turning 50, 60 and more, the baby boomer generation
continues to set trends and be a changing force in the 21st Century.
Most of us have a hard time thinking of ourselves as old. We're
certainly not ready to sit back and retire from life just yet.
We should be enjoying this time in our lives. The pressures of family
and work and the need to fit in don't take center stage any longer. We
can use our experiences and wisdom to build a healthier lifestyle.
This women's health guide for healthy aging is based on personal
experience and research and I designed it to help women baby boomers
like me, look forward to the years ahead instead of dreading
them. After all, we don't want to spend our precious time visiting
doctors and complaining about aches and pains. This is our time to be selfish. To dare to enjoy ourselves and spoil ourselves without any apologies. But in order to dig into life we have to be attentive to our bodies so they will allow us to take advantage of every minute.
Our Aging Body
Successful aging depends on knowledge. If you can understand the
changes that take place in your body as it ages, I believe you'll be
better equipped to take the steps needed to care for it.
Some changes are considered normal and unavoidable and others can be related to heredity, medical history and lifestyle habits.
Do any of the following aging issues sound familiar?
Forgetfulness, slow digestion, hearing loss, dry eyes, brittle nails,
aching muscles, age spots, yellowing teeth?
Not all is gloom!!! Science hasn't discovered how to prevent aging, but there are ways to slow down its effects, and in some cases, stop and even reverse them.
Aging brings with it new challenges. How we care for our bodies plays a significant role in how our body ages. We can all look forward to healthy aging by accepting the things we cannot change and doing everything possible, to change the things we can.
Everything You Need To Build
An Online Business! - Solo Build It!
Table of Contents
- Are You A Baby Boomer?
- If you were born between 1946 and 1964, you are a baby boomer. Boomers grew up during a time of great social change all over the world. Where are baby boomers heading?
- Healthy Aging Blog
- The Healthy Aging Blog keeps you up to date with all additions and changes to the healthy-aging-for-women-babyboomers.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Contact me
- Use this page to contact me with any questions or comments
- Site Map for Healthy Aging for Women Baby Boomers
- The site map lists all the topics offered in this site for easy navigation
- How Does the Human Brain Work?
- The human brain is the most complex organ in our body. Aging brings changes in the brain which are affected by a combination of genetics, environment, disease and habits.
- Brain Fitness Program for Successful Aging
- Brain fitness in later life is effected by a combination of genetics, environment, disease and habits. Regular exercise, proper nutrition, stress management, can improve cognitive skills.
- The Human Digestive System and the Effects of Aging
- The function of the digestive system is to break down food so its nutrients can be absorbed to provide nourishment and energy throughout the body. As we age the digestive process slows down.
- Constipation Remedies for Healthy Aging
- There are various types of constipation remedies and treatments, but before treating constipation it's important to know what's causing it.
- How to Improve Digestion For Healthier Aging
- It's not too late to improve digestion. By changing just a few bad habits you can start feeling better.
- Stress and Digestion
- The combination of stress and digestion can play havoc on your health. Food cannot digest properly causing a decrease in nutrient absorption. Other results of poor digestion are heartburn, cramps, fo
- Anatomy of the Ear and and the Effects of Aging
- A brief look at the anatomy of the ear , how we hear, and common causes of hearing loss in baby boomers
- Hearing Loss Is on the Rise for Aging Baby Boomers
- The most common causes of hearing loss among baby boomers are aging (presbycusis) and exposure to noise
- What is a Hearing Test and How it Will Help You
- A hearing test is a simple, non-invasive and painless way to assess your hearing and takes an hour or less.
- Eye Anatomy - Vision is Changing for the Baby Boomer Generation
- Aging affects nearly all parts of the eye anatomy and begins around the age of 40 plus. Gain a better understanding of aging eye issues and eye structure
- Dry Eye Treatment Can Vary According to the Causes
- Dry eye treatment is necessary when tear production is insufficient. Aging is among the most common causes of dry eye
- What Are Eye Floaters?
- Eye floaters are very common among men and women over 50 and in most cases should not be a cause for worry.
- Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis) - What is pink eye?
- Conjunctivitis, more often called pinkeye, is most commonly caused by bacteria, virus or allergies. Treatment for pink eye varies depending on the cause. Home remedies for pink eye help relieve pain
- Vision Professionals - Ophtalmologist, Optometrist or Optician?
- Vision professionals provide a variety of services which include eye surgery, lens prescriptions, and fitting eyeglass frames
- The Human Foot and the Effects of Aging
- The human foot enables mobility and balance. As we age gravity flattens our feet and they become longer and wider. Loss of padding causes feet to be more susceptible to pain and injury.
- My Bunion Surgery
- So far I am happy with the results of my bunion surgery. But complete recovery will take more time. If you are considering any type of toe surgery, this article could be helpful.
- Reflexology Foot Map for Women Baby Boomers
- A reflexology foot map is used to locate the source of a complaint or illness. Bring relief and encourage healing with the use of a reflexology chart.
- Hair and Nails - The Effects of Aging
- Hair and nails are affected by aging. They become thinner, grow slower and become weaker.
- How to Keep Aging Hair Healthy
- Keep aging hair healthy by following these tips: Treat hair gently, eat well, exercise and get plenty of rest.
- Tips for Healthy Aging Nails
- Aging nails are naturally more brittle and thin. They need some extra attention to keep them healthy.
- The Muscular System and the Effects of Aging
- As the muscular system ages, there is a reduction in muscles size, mobility, agility and flexibility. An exercise program can offset these effects.
- The Female Reproductive System and the Effects of Aging
- The female reproductive system changes as a woman enters menopause. These changes include painful intercourse and increased susceptibility to infections and viruses.
- Symptoms of Menopause
- The most common symptoms of menopause are hot flases and night sweats. HRT's, lifestyle changes, herbs and supplements can ease your suffering.
- The Skeletal System - How Does Aging Affect Our Bones?
- The skeletal system weakens as we age. Bone mass decreases and bones become thinner, more fragile and more susceptible to injury.
- Calcium Information for a Healthy Aging Human Skeletal System
- Calcium information for women 50 plus. Includes the best sources of calcium and how magnesium and vitamin D are essential for calcium absorption.
- Osteopenia and Osteoporosis - Loss in Bone Density in Women Over 50
- Osteopenia can be diagnosed in a bone density scan. It means that bone density is less than normal but is not low enough to be classified as osteoporosis
- Aging Skin Care Tips
- Aging skin needs special care. Years of sun, gravity, stress and bad habits such as smoking, age skin. A daily skin regimen, sunscreen, healthy diet, exercise and moisturizers could save your skin.
- Borage Oil - The Secret to Healthier Skin, Hair and Nails
- Borage oil not only restores moisture to dry, damaged skin, it is a great remedy for those who suffer from chronic skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Makeup Tips for Aging Skin
- Makeup should have a natural soft look. Avoid dramatic and dark colors.
- Dental Health Information for Women Over 50
- Dental health information that women babyboomers want to know including effects of aging on teeth and gums, teeth whitening methods, and the importance of correct tooth brushing.
- Braces, At Your Age?
- At age 64, I got braces...again. The first time was when I was 14. But teeth move back slowly if nothing holds them in place.
- Swollen Gums and Gum Infection - Causes, Treatment and Prevention
- Swollen gums are not a natural part of aging. Read about the causes of gum infection as well as excellent tips for treatment and prevention.
- Teeth Veneers Can Recreate That Perfect Smile
- Teeth veneers is one of many options available in cosmetic dentistry to create a beautiful smile as well as repair signs of aging.
- Teeth Whitening Methods for Women Over Fifty
- There are many teeth whitening methods, but for women 50 plus the best teeth whitening tips point toward over-the-counter or professional teeth bleaching.
- The Urinary System and the Effects of Aging
- The prevalence of urinary disorders increases with age. Aging can affect. every part of the urinary system
- Bladder Prolapse
- Bladder prolapse or fallen bladder is a disorder that can occur when the wall between the vagina and bladder weakens, causing the bladder to drop out of position into the vagina.
- Transvaginal Mesh Surgery - Is It Safe?
- As more women have chosen to have transvaginal mesh surgery, so too have reports of serious complications and lawsuits over those complications
- Urinary Incontinence - Symptoms and Treatment for Women Baby Boomers
- Urinary incontinence (UI) is the involuntary loss of urine affecting many women baby boomers, with symptoms ranging from light to severe. The two most common types are stress and urge incontinence.
- Urinary Tract Infection and Women Baby Boomers
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a general term for a bacterial infection that develops in the urinary tract. The most common UTI is cystitis or bladder infection.
- Regular Exercise is a Must for Healthy Aging
- Regular exercise is one of the best things we baby boomers can do to improve our health and well-being
- AntiGravity Yoga - The Fun Way to Exercise... and It's Anti Aging!
- AntiGravity Yoga is turning the fitness world upside down. This revolutionary exercise technique, created by choreographer Christopher Harrison, is appropriate for all ages and fitness levels .
- The Benefits of Exercise for Healthy Aging
- The benefits of exercise extend to every part of our body. Three types of exercises are recommended for successful aging: aerobic exercises, anaerobic exercises and stretching exercises.
- Loss of Balance and Aging
- Many factors contribute to loss of balance and aging is just one. Lack of exercise, poor nutrition and ear problems can also affect balance.
- Self Motivation Tips: Exercise Motivation for Healthy Aging
- Self motivation tips for women baby boomers to exercise. The benefits of exercise are so tremendous. Feeling good should be the only motivation you need.
- Forgiving Others and Yourself Can Improve Your Health
- When you learn to be forgiving of others and yourself you make a conscious decision to stop letting your negative feelings influence your life
- Why is Nutrition Important for Successful Aging?
- As we baby boomers age nutrition plays a bigger role in determining how we feel. Our body absorbs nutrients less efficiently, so we are more prone to illnness if we do not follow a healthy diet plan.
- The Anti Inflammatory Diet
- The anti inflammatory diet is not a fad, nor is it a weight loss plan. It is a lifestyle choice for healthy living and for healthy aging.
- A Healthy Diet Plan for Women Baby Boomers
- The healthy diet plan outlined here can help get you a better understanding of the foods you should be eating and help you plan delicious and nutritious meals.
- Food Combination Chart for Improved Digestion
- This food combination chart will help you make better choices for improved digestion
- Positive Attitude Tips for Successful Aging
- A positive attitude can delay the signs of aging
- Stress Reducers to Fight Aging or How to Relax and Feel Younger
- Stress reducers can help manage stress and anxiety. One of the best methods to reduce stress is breathing exercises. Take a deep slow breath, hold it for a few seconds and slowly...
- Stress and Anxiety Accelerate the Aging Process
- Stress and anxiety can wear you down and cause major damage to your health
- Sleep and Aging
- Sleep is a very important factor in determining how we feel and function daily. Sleep and aging research shows that sleep efficiency declines as we get older.
- How To Sleep Better for Successful Aging
- Are you always tired? Learn how to sleep better every night
- Apple Fruit - Information and Health Benefits for Healthy Aging
- The apple fruit is not only a great tasting fruit, it aids digestion, reduces cholesterol, regulates blood sugar levels and more.
- Apple Crisp Recipe
- This apple crisp recipe is really yummy and easy to make. It tastes great served warm from the oven but letting it sit for a number of hours improves its flavor and texture.
- Fats and Oils Provide Energy and Essential Nutrients for Healthy Aging
- Fats and oils provide essential nutrients and give you energy.
- The Best Hummus Recipe Ever
- The best hummus recipe ever was created by my husband and brought to you with love!
- The Benefits of Oatmeal for Healthy Aging
- The health benefits of oatmeal make it one of the top superfoods. It's a great source of fiber, protein, vitamin E, B vitamins, iron, silicon, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, copper and zinc.
- Delicious Vegan Pumpkin Cake Recipe with Chocolate Chips
- This delicious pumpkin cake recipe is very easy to make and is also vegan
- What is Quinoa?
- Quinoa is a super grain, renowned for its high protein content. It's delicious, versatile, easy to cook .
- Quinoa Nutrition Information - A Super Food for Healthy Aging Women
- The quinoa nutrition chart shows at a glance why quinoa is one of the healthiest foods available; a super food for women over 50
- How to Cook Quinoa
- Learn how to cook quinoa that everyone will love to eat and not just because it's healthy!
- Quinoa Recipe with Lentils
- This quinoa recipe has been updated and corrected. The quinoa and broth quantities were incorrect and I apologize for the oversight.
- Easy Quinoa Recipes
- It's simple to come up with great tasting quinoa recipes
- Whole Rye Sourdough Bread
- This Russian style whole rye sourdough bread is the best bread I have ever tasted, and I am proud to share it with you.
- About Me
- About me, my story and why I'm here today
- Solo Build It Can Teach You How to Build a Website
- With the help of Solo Build It, I learned how to build this site although I had absolutely no previous site building knowledge.
- Happy Birthday
- Happy Birthday to my dad, who is celebrating his 89th birthday this year. He is the best example of healthy aging
- What Baby Boomers Should Know About Caring for Elderly Parents
- More and more baby boomers are facing the fact that they will have to provide care or be active participants in their elderly parents' care.
- Aging Parents - Dealing With the Changes
- The decline of our aging parents is one of the issues that most baby boomers will have to deal with. Many will suddenly be faced with new challenges they are not prepared for.
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices for Successful Aging
- A healthy lifestyle becomes more important when we get older. As our body ages and weakens, our lifestyle can have a massive impact on us.
- Baby Boomers Reach Retirement Age
- Today, there is a trend to work past the traditional retirement age of 65. Life expectancy is rising and baby boomers are challenging the traditional views of retirement.
- Interesting Links and Resources for Healthy Aging Baby Boomers
- Links to other websites with information related to topics in this site
- Disclaimer: The information provided in this site does not constitute medical advice
- Disclosure Policy
- My disclosure policy states that is always my intention to be open and honest in this site.