stress reducers to fight aging
how to relax and feel younger
Stress reducers can aid the body's ability to fight disease and slow down the aging process.
If you find yourself stressed and anxious often, don't let
another day go by without doing something about it. While it is
impossible to eliminate completely, it is important to learn how to
lessen its harmful effects.
How to deal with stress and anxiety
- Do you feel that you just have too many things to do, just the
thought of it stresses you out? Make a schedule and get it down on
paper and off your mind.
- Do you find yourself worrying about everyone and
everything? Consider seeking emotional support from a friend, family
member or professional.
- Don't keep things bottled up inside. Speak up about things that are bothering you in a tactful, courteous manner.
- Be in the NOW. Concentrate on the present.
- Drink less coffee.
- Drink a cup of camomile tea.
- Reduce alcohol consumption.
- Get a massage or other type of relaxing treatment.
- Take a short nap during the day.
- Make the time to eat your meals quietly.
. It's one of the best stress reducers.
. Reduce sugar and white flour.
- Write down things that bother you.
- Talk to someone about things that bother you.
- Listen to music - put your feet up and close your eyes and listen to one of these:
The 99 Most Essential Relaxing Classics [Amazon Exclusive] The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World...Ever!
The Best of James Taylor
In My Time by Yanni
- Watch funny movies or stand-up. Laughter is a great relaxer.
- Join a yoga, meditation or tai-chi class.
- Look at an object, preferably something from nature, such as a flower, and really look at it, its color, textures, shapes, etc.
- Listen and Relax with guided imagery. Music and gentle narration help you develop deep relaxation.
- For more great do-it-yourself tips and techniques for relaxing and coping with stress go to DIY Stress Relief
- Hypnotherapy can be an excellent treatment for
stress and anxiety. It is drug free and it can treat the symptoms as
well as the cause.
- Take a warm bath. Add a few drops of relaxing essential oils such as basil, lavender, chamomile, clary sage or rosewood to the bath water. Lower the lights or light the room with a few candles.
Strive for a healthy balance. The next time stress and anxiety get the better of you, ask yourself,
"Is there anything threatening me
at this very moment?".
"Is my fear or worrying doing anything to
help solve the problem?"
Return from Stress Reducers to Home Page
Everything You Need To Build
An Online Business! - Solo Build It!